Julie & John

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Birthday!

So I'm going to try and catch up on the last crazy month.

As an OB we dread...and I do mean DREAD inductions. They so often end in C/S after days of slow progress and discomfort. But as my due date came and went I found myself checking in for my induction. On Monday, April 23, we started the induction and 27 hours later we were ready to push. On April 24, 2012 at 6:20 pm we met our baby boy, Jackson Powell Goodwin. We didn't know the sex of the baby until Dr. Tritto held him up and John announced "It's a boy!" I couldn't believe it! I couldn't believe that we had an absolutely picture perfect pregnancy, perfect induction (despite my dread!), and perfect delivery ending with our 8lb 0oz, 21.5inch long son. And he was by far the most beautiful thing I had ever seen...I might be a bit partial. Everyone told me you can't imagine the instant love and they were right.

Our First Family Photo

Just perfect
8lb 0oz, 21.5 inches long

Going home

No comments:

Post a Comment